Saturday 7 September 2013

INK By Amanda Sun

 

Title: INK
                                          Author: Amanda Sun
                                          Publication Date: July 2013
                                          Source: Received from MIRAinc 
                                           * I award this book 4 stars*
 
 
On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.
 
My Review = * May include spoilers!*
 
Wow! If you’re looking for a new unique adventure to read and explore then get your head into this book … when I got INK to review I didn’t really know what to expect but as soon as I opened the front cover I knew this story would be right up my street. INK covers many things that spark my interest such as action, romance and a unique twist making the book have a more interesting appeal we also get to learn the history of Japanese life and many words from their language.
Katie is the main character in INK however … her life has been turned in to a rollercoaster of changes since her mother dies. She is moved to a brand new place where she needs to learn a whole new way of living which kept you constantly on your feet; at the very beginning  Katie doubts herself as she believes she does not fit in to the Japanese culture but DAMN is she wrong she may not look or sound the part but she may just be more involved in the Japanese lifestyle then she knows…
At one moment throughout I felt like I was placed inside of this amazing on-going adventure. I felt as if I was getting told of by Diane e.g. for being late home and being questioned about where I am and who I am with. many emotions also ran through my body when she spent the night with Yuu Tomohiro as all I felt was a rush of panic run through my body when Diane nearly caught  her out on the phone. My emotions always went from one drastic feeling to another such as shock, sadness, anger and pure awe.
INK by Amanda Sun is one marvellous read !!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment